Tuesday 22 July 2008

Garden Success!

I am home early today, mainly because half my staff and practically none of my volunteers turned up at the COMPULSORY workshop today. Grrrrmph! I shall have words with several tomorrow ...

Anyway, the up side is that it is a glorious warm day and the garden is looking beautiful! It's only been a year since the delighful landscape people took a very large portion of my bank balance and transformed a hideous, scraggy mess into the delight we see today.



And I am especially impressed with my flowering "bird of paradise". Just look!




Of course, we must all enjoy it while we can as water restrictions are going to play havoc with beautiful gardens over the next several months. However, with drippers now allowed for 3 hours a week (woo hoo!!!) I have some expectation that my plants will survive.

And the lawn? Tough as old nails - it'll be back next year!

No comments: