Tuesday 22 July 2008

The School Fete

"You're doing what?" shrieked the DIVA over the phone this morning as I advised her of my plans for the day.

"I am going to Tabular Christian College School Fete" I replied, stoicly. This, of course, is the school attended by Baby Angel, and as she had spent the night at my place (see the Bestie's latest blog entry for all the details) and had been telling me all about the hours spent wrapping sweeties in cellophane for her class stall, I couldn't be so churlish as to inform her that I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than attend.

Peals of laughter were the response from the DIVA. "Well make sure you buy something appropriate" she said. "Like a crucifix made of play doh!"

"And baked!" laughed I.

Famous last words ...



Yes, here it is. The "salt dough" crucifix made by some righteous third grader, cunningly festooned with cloves and topped with a ribbon to allow hanging on someone's christmas tree. Possibly not mine.

But wait - there's more! How about these treasures ...



Obviously made by the same artist - I could not resist adding the interesting sculpture (Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's .... erm...) and the Mick Jagger look-a-like fridge magnet to my stash. 60 cents for the set of three is what I call money well spent!

Hat's off, however, to the innovative pre-school teacher who has found a use for all that finger painting. Roll up several sheets, put a ribbon around it and sell it as Christmas wrapping paper! At three rolls for a dollar, neither the Bestie nor I could resist.

And then there was the sausage sizzle. How could the DIVA think that I would not have a good time?

No comments: